Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Prague Contrasts









Continuing yesterday’s theme, I’m posting a few photos taken during my visit to Prague which is much like any city in the western world by having several McDonalds, Starbucks, Marks and Spencer, Debenhams, and Tesco stores. The multi-storey Palladium shopping centre was just up the road from my hotel, one of 1,340 hotels! What makes Prague outstanding is the large number of ancient buildings of architectural merit such as the Schwarzenberg Palace, in the Czech Renaissance style, and the Strahov Monastry, the library of which is decorated with magnificent Baroque ceiling frescos.

Although I enjoyed looking at the main tourist attractions, I derived pleasure from observing the general scene, and the photos illustrate some of the things that took my attention.

 

1 comment:

Baydog said...

Tacky, American stretch limo!