Monday, September 15, 2014

Andrew Graham’s Paradox ‘Zero’
















Andrew lives in Australia. In 2004 he let me have these photos of ‘Zero’, his Matt Layden Paradox. Andrew devised a system for stowing the bower anchor on the foredeck with the chain in a locker below deck. He also had a non-standard air vent through the front window. Water ballast was contained in bottles under the floor – presumably filled with freshwater that he could drink and replace with sea water if unable to replenish with fresh.

Note: This listing has expired!!!!!

‘Minnow’, my UK Paradox is for Sale at Ebay.co.uk

The Ebay item number is: 161437876632.

I can be contacted by phone at 07588288060 or by email at barnacleid at yahoo dot co dot uk.

Here are a few related Links:

 Open to Offers for ‘Minnow’, My Paradox Sailboat


Open to Offers for ‘Minnow’, My Paradox Sailboat – Part 2


Open to Offers for ‘Minnow’, My Paradox Sailboat – Part 3


‘Minnow’ Advertised for Sale on Ebay


‘Minnow’ Advertised for Sale on Ebay - Inventory

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Have loved reading your blog. So sorry that you are not feeling like sailing. A Paradox maybe a good boat and I know Minnow is a fine example but not for me. Truly I hope you get it off to a good home and cover your costs. Your writing has been an inspiration to me. It has kept me thinking about and dreaming of a return to sailing, believing - it's never to late. Thanks

Pete said...

Bll,
Sorry to hear your selling up.
Perhaps you could encourage your potential buyers to join our small elite group bu using some of my photos f the 3 other UK boats together.
Feel fee to use any from my Flickr feed.
https://flic.kr/p/f66gmM

I'll put the word out on the DCA list as I think there were a few people there who had eyes's on acquiring a 'dox.
Best wishes
Pete

William Serjeant said...

Hi Nat,

Thanks for your comment. Age is no barrier, provided one is fit enough to carry out the sort of sailing one wants to do. On the other hand, wanting to do it is crucial; without the desire it will never happen.

I believe I am fit enough (just about) for sailing Paradox, but for some unaccountable reason I no longer have the desire. Although my body functions well for a person of my age, I have doubts about my endurance and my ability to cope in an emergency when clear thinking is required. Alertness and concentration are important for safety, and I feel these states of mind are not as acute as they used to be.

There are a number of other factors that contribute to my lack of desire, such as mind over matter when it comes to get up and go, or finding energy to carry out what is required. The excuse syndrome is hard to overcome.

I've had a lifetime of adventure sailing small boats, albeit mostly inshore waters, and I can look back with great satisfaction on what has been my lot. Likewise, building and renovating boats has been fun.

Maybe it's not finished? If I'm given time and my desire returns, who knows what may be possible?

Where there's a will there's a way, and where there's life there's hope. At this moment I am not downhearted. On the contrary, I am happy the way things have turned out.

I'm hoping that whoever acquires 'Minnow' will use her well, look after her and derive satisfaction from sailing her.

Cheers,
Bill.

William Serjeant said...

Hi Pete,

Thank you for sanctioning the use of your photos. I already have ones of the other UK Paradoxes.

I am unsure if 'Minnow' will remain in the UK, because there are 3 people interested in her who live in the EU.

Well, we'll see.

Cheers,
Bill.