Thursday, May 01, 2014

Oh, What a Beautiful Morning!


 
Sunrise at Poole Harbour

Some days I wake up, and the sun is shining. I feel I want to burst into song, and perhaps I sing: “Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin’, Oh what a beautiful day’ etc.”, but at other times I’m not so bright.

So much depends on my ‘feelings’, and yet this should not be, because no matter what my condition, I know that I have much for which to be thankful.

I imagine being Catrin Pugh who was severely burned in a coach accident. She only had 4% of her skin left in tact. No one thought she could possibly survive, and yet against impossible odds she did!

 In a recent interview* featured on ITV news she told of her incredible recovery and she spoke of her gratitude to those who saved her life, including her mother who donated replacement skin. Catrin also spoke of her love of singing and of her hopes of performing on the X-Factor.

No matter how bleak, or how dreadful, or how foreboding things were for her, her positive attitude and determination, coupled with gratitude, brought her through to today. She still has another year of treatment, including more operations.

Ephesians 5:20; Colossians 3:17; 1 Thessalonians 5:18

Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin'

There's a bright, golden haze on the meadow
There's a bright, golden haze on the meadow.
The corn is as high as an elephant's eye
And it looks like it's climbing clear up to the sky.

Oh, what a beautiful Mornin'
Oh, what a beautiful day.
I've got a beautiful feelin'
Everything's goin' my way.

All the cattle are standin' like statues
All the cattle are standin' like statues
They don't turn their heads as they see me ride by
But a little brown mav'rick is winkin' her eye

Oh, what a beautiful Mornin'
Oh, what a beautiful day.
I've got a beautiful feelin'
Everything's goin' my way.

All the sounds of the earth are like music
All the sounds of the earth are like music
The breeze is so busy it don't miss a tree
An' a ol' weepin' willer is laughin' at me

Oh, what a beautiful Mornin'
Oh, what a beautiful day.
I've got a beautiful feelin'
Everything's goin' my way.
Oh, what a beautiful day!

Links

*Catrin’s Amazing Recovery


Exclusive: coach blaze victim tells of her incredible recovery


ITV News: Catrin : Pugh


Pictured: Inspirational teen who survived 96% burns in fireball crash


Catrin Pugh Story – Daily Mail


Oklahoma


Oklahoma – Oh What a Beautiful Morning (Hugh Jackman)


Nelson Eddy, Oh! What a Beautiful Morning


Oh, What a Beautiful Morning

1 comment:

Paul Mullings said...

Looking at the lovely photo at the head of this posts is reminder enough as to why we go sailing.