Sunday, February 02, 2014

LED Lights for ‘Minnow’ – Part 3






I took 40 minutes to securely fix three LED lights to their respective places. One went on the starboard aft panel of the coachroof. This was for lighting the main cabin. Another I attached to the underside of the aft deck for illuminating the interior of the lazarette, and the third I tacked to bulkhead two in the forward cabin.

All three lights should be adequate, but if they are not, I have several torches, and I have a spare Rolson 3 x LED light.

Now, I can cross one entry off my to do list, leaving 17 to go!

2 comments:

Steve Carey said...

Good, good good. Among the many bits and pieces in the way of lighting I've purchased over the last few years is a Petzl 2-LED Head-Band Torch. I used it recently up in my loft doing some AC wiring while the supply was turned off. Totally black not a glimmer of light apart from near the hatch opening. The torch has high/low/off settings and in the low setting, it lit up what I was working on to almost like daylight! The great thing is that it leaves both hands free. The makers claim that the batteries last up to 190 hours!

http://www.petzl.com/en/outdoor/headlamps/universal/tikkina (I got the blue one!)

Steve

William Serjeant said...

Steve,

I have a similar headband torch.

Cheers,
Bill.