Saturday, November 09, 2013

Presents for ‘Minnow’




As I happened to be in Southend-on-Sea, I visited the chandlers and bought an expensive present for ‘Minnow’, a Plastimo outboard bracket; therefore I am committed to equipping the boat with my old Honda 2hp* engine. The bracket is made from stainless steel, and it is a NV 51566 with a height clearance of 370 millimetres. When it is retracted it takes up very little space. In fact, it will easily fit on the transom without protruding beyond the rudder. That is good, because the bracket will not prevent the boat from fitting in the garage.
 

My journey to Southend took me past a Maplin store where I bought a 4-Way Cigarette Socket Adaptor for powering my GPS units, iPhone etc. I had to get hold of a socket adaptor; therefore ‘I killed two birds with one stone’ by buying the outboard bracket and an adaptor. The adaptor is a Nikkai L94AW made in China for marketing by Maplin.

Next week I may be into fitting the battery and doing wiring for the electrical gizmos.

Links

Details of the Outboard Bracket


*My 2hp Honda Outboard Motor


Details of the 4-Way Adaptor

No comments: