Friday, February 22, 2013

Smacks Afloat – Part 1









 
Whenever I am on the water I’m on the lookout for boats to photograph. Conditions are not always suitable for taking photos, especially as I do not have a waterproof camera and perhaps rain is lashing down, or spray is being blown over the boat.
After I have taken photographs I usually transfer them to an external hard drive for viewing later on my laptop computer. If I’m at a loose end, twiddling my fingers wondering what to do, which is not very often, I can entertain myself by looking at the photos. Sometimes I am surprised by them because I’m usually not too fussed about getting things in focus or capturing specific views. Much of my photography is intuitive; I look through the viewfinder and press the button – that’s it.
Well, here are four photos taken before and during a smack race when there was very little wind.
Incidentally, if anyone would like a full size copy of any of them, please let me know. I’ll gladly email a digital copy.

No comments: