Monday, December 17, 2012

Curtains

Making an extension
Made
 
On Monday, 10th December I fitted vertical blinds to the windows of the box room. That left me with the problem of refitting the curtains I had taken down. Somehow I had to devise a system of support for the track so that the curtains would be clear of the blinds when they were open. I had to extend the old brackets by eight centimetres or find replacement brackets of the right length.
Joined with nuts and bolts
 
Track in place
Done
Despite a thorough search at local stores and on the Internet, I could not get hold of new brackets. They were no longer available, the last being produced in 2009. There was only one thing for it, and that was to make my own extensions for the existing brackets. I had aluminium pieces left over from when I tidied the workbench beside the new cooker, and there was enough of it for five extensions.

Everything went to plan, and I was pleased with the finished result. The photos show how it was done.

Links

Vertical Blinds

No comments: