Thursday, December 27, 2012

CCTV and Possible Ramifications



Having thought a little more about yesterday’s unpleasant experience at Marks and Spencer I realize I had been monitored on CCTV. This intrusive snooping on people is increasing. The excuse for it is the prevention and detection of crime. Yesterday I had not committed a crime, nor was I planning one, and yet I feel sure my innocent activity had been captured on CCTV. As the security guard and his companion made their presence felt, we were directly below a CCTV camera, no doubt recording every action. I am not paranoid, but I wonder if our conversation was also being recorded. It is not difficult to conceal a microphone on ones person.
You need to search for this one!

More and more I am aware that UK citizens can be tracked wherever they go. They carry mobile phones that can be located by cross-referenced signals and phone conversations can be recorded. You cannot drive into a TESCO car park without your car’s number being scanned and recorded. A sojourn of more than 3 hours results in a fine. When you purchase anything, every detail is stored at TESCO’S data base. Drivers are photographed when entering Stansted Airport’s new pickup/putdown area and their vehicle’s number is indexed with their photo. Car number plate recognition cameras are strategically placed on major roads. London’s Congestion Zone requires your details.

George Orwell’s ‘1984’ could become a reality. In the USA, the design and production of prying and spying gizmos is a major industry. Even emails are saved on databases. Internet’s ‘Cloud’ stores what we have on our computers and mobile phones. Do we want to go along this route? It seems to me we are in freefall towards the US decline.

Here, in our politically correct State, we have to watch what we say. We cannot freely call a person a ‘pleb’ for fear of the consequences. People are said to be discriminatory when they don’t subscribe to same sex marriages or female bishops. Where is freedom of thought? Even that is under threat. What has happened at Hyde Park Corner (Speakers’ Corner) where one could call a spade a spade? Are speakers really free to say what they think without being monitored?

I was ‘born free’. I once lived in a land that fought for freedom, but sadly that precious jewel, so much prized, is being crushed. In my own village where I have lived 40 years there are numerous CCTV cameras. Residents’ movements are scanned daily. There’s one nifty little camera that records images of pedestrians who cross the road in the centre of the village. Several cameras are trained on a roundabout and neighbouring footpaths. At an industrial estate there’s a tall tower with 6 CCTV cameras and floodlights. One of our public houses has several cameras sited in the car park. I counted 3 houses with their own CCTV cameras. The bank had one overlooking the cash machine.

Where will this end?  Will our children be ‘chipped’ at birth? Will they be electronically tagged, just as some offenders are when on probation? Will they have freedom to roam where they wish?  Shall we only buy goods if we have been chipped? That could be our future!

Revelation 13:16-18 ‘He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of man: His number is 666.’

Links

Orwell's Total Surveillance State is almost here


1984 Is Here: Big Brother in the Electronic Age


Is the U.S. Government Really A Spy Machine?


Pleb row probed by 30 police


Speakers’ Corner


Congestion Charging

1 comment:

toseatosee said...

I can certainly empathize with Winston Smith; despite him being fictional. It's the new age. The speed at which 'technology' is moving forward; I shudder when I try to imagine where it will stop.

I chuckled to myself when I read 1984; making comparisons from the different departments; and how they correlate with governments that we have.

The more I have digested it, it's not really funny. Not funny at all.

I wasn't made for these times.