Wednesday, March 21, 2012

‘Talitha’ – First Sail of the Season 2012

Launching at Burnham


Today I had four hours afloat on the River Crouch. Most of the time there was very little wind. I launched at Burnham Yacht Harbour and took the last two hours of the flood drifting upstream beyond Black Point as far as the south side of Bridgemarsh Island. There I listened to skylarks as I had lunch.

Drifting upstream

The wind perked up briefly from the southeast which was sufficient with the ebb to bring me back to the Yacht Harbour. Apart from the incursion of a very inconsiderate ‘driver’ of a motor yacht who took delight in making the largest wash possible, the time afloat was most enjoyable.


Everything worked fine with the boat and I’m looking forward to more outings. Meanwhile ‘Talitha’ is advertised for sale at Ebay.co.uk:

http://bills-log.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/talitha-is-for-sale.html



Text for the Day

2 Timothy 4:22 ‘The Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Grace be with you. Amen.

No comments: