Tuesday, November 29, 2011

LED Christmas Tree



In early October I visited Alton Garden Centre, near Basildon, and as a result I was inspired to do a blog article about the experience. (Market Gardens/Garden Centre*) I was critical of some of the stuff sold there because of it being unfriendly to the environment, particularly petroleum and electric powered machinery used by gardeners today, unlike when I was a boy. Most gardening then was done with hand tools; now there are garden vacs, electric strimmers, mechanical saws and sit-on lawnmowers. I must confess that gardening is easier as a result, and that I use a small electric lawnmower.



Well, to oblige my better half, I found myself at Alton Garden Centre again. The place hummed with activity. A large proportion of the Centre had been transformed into a Christmas bazaar where there were the most astonishing objects for sale, one of which was an artificial 3 metre-high Christmas tree, illuminated with LED lights that changed colour from cobalt to mauve, pink, purple, orange, red, purple, pink, mauve and back to cobalt, ad infinitum. This object had a price tag of £1,500! The only redeeming factor was the use of LED lights which consume very little electricity.




Text for the Day

John 8:12 ‘Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”



Links


*Alton Garden Centre

http://www.alton-gardencentre.co.uk/


Market Gardens/Garden Centres

http://bills-log.blogspot.com/2011/10/market-gardensgarden-centres.html


Light-emitting diodes (LED Lights)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light-emitting_diode


LED Blossom Trees

http://www.christmastreesandlights.co.uk/Christmas-Trees/LED-Trees

4 comments:

Pwnies. said...

The colour changing on these led christmas lights look pretty mezmerising. I tend to stick to just the classic yellow glow though. I live in the UK and pretty much everyone has the flourescent blue trees, it gets rather excessive and looks pretty odd. I imagine it'd look nice though if it wasn't on every house in my neighborhood.

William Serjeant said...

Pwnies,

Many thanks for the link.

Bill.

Drjigg said...

wow .That's an intrusting and wounder full.I read and really impressed from your topic.It related to the tail lights led.I like and shared with my friends.Thanks for submitted ....

Anonymous said...

christmas tree lights led says that your blog about( STOCK CLEARANCE! ) is written very nice i like it and impressed from it so carry on dear for us