Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Beside the Crouch at South Fambridge

Looking north from South Fambridge

I have written at length about the River Crouch were it passes between the villages of North and South Fambridge. To me the location is a magical spot. No matter what the weather, the changing scene always stirs my heart. Day after day, month after month and season after season, the River never loses its appeal.


Closer view

From a different angle

I’ve mentioned before that I want my ashes to be scattered* over the waters at that very spot, where aeons of tides have swished to and fro at the behest of moon and sun. There will be no tombstone to remember me by, and in time, no person to remember me; no grave to tend, and no effort to spend, only the sigh of reeds, and the chuckling of moving water, but there will be joy in heaven and angels will sing. I shall see the glories of the Lord and the ‘pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb.’



Text for the Day

Revelation 22:1 ‘And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb.’



Links


*Scattering of Ashes

http://bills-log.blogspot.com/2009/10/scattering-of-ashes.html


Fambridge Riverside

http://bills-log.blogspot.com/2011/07/fambridge-riverside.html


Pillboxes, Killing and Warfare

http://bills-log.blogspot.com/2009/09/pillboxes-killing-and-warfare.html


My Love of the River Crouch

http://bills-log.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-love-of-river-crouch.html

2 comments:

Save South Fambridge said...

So sad to see South Fambridge and surrounding areas including the river Crouch being blighted by a Car Breakers Yard in the old shellfish packing station. It breaks my heart that this natural beauty is put at risk by something that so clearly doesn't belong there! I love your photos and it reminds me how much this place is loved and by so many. As residents we are trying to do our bit but need as much support as possible. A Planning application has just gone in and I hope there will be support for keeping this coastal haven as it should be. Your blog is so interesting Bill, my father sails in these local waters and loves it too his boat is moored at Paglesham. Keep loving South Fambridge ...it really is worth it!
Debbie

William Serjeant said...

I totally agree with you Debbie. I have visited your website and made an objection by signing the online form for submission to the Council.

I hope your lobby is successful.

Bill.