Monday, July 11, 2011

Building ‘Sharpy’ Part 141

Gap between infill and keel

Gap filled with putty

This must be the last lap of the race to make ‘Talitha’ ready for sailing this season. I think the boat is finished, but there may be a few minor adjustments - in light of experience gained from sailing her.

Chain fitted

The last two days I’ve been working on her trailer to make it roadworthy. I’ve probably achieved this, now that it has been fitted with a security chain. The lighting board, with its extension cable, clips onto the rudder fittings, and it is kept in place by ropes tied to the trailer frame.

Lighting board

Theoretically, all systems are ‘go’ for being on the road, except for checking that my car insurance covers me for towing a trailer.


Because I have a busy week, I can’t see myself getting away for the first sail until this coming Saturday, but if I can find an opportunity before then, I’ll take it.

No comments: