Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Building ‘Sharpy’ Part 67

Second batch of chandlery

As I expected, I couldn’t spend a lot of time today on building ‘Sharpy’ because I was out on the water at Burnham-on-Crouch with my daughter aboard 'Ladybird'. We tuned the rigging, set up the Genoa roller reefing, checked all the electronic gear, did a bit of varnishing and scrubbed the decks.


All I did on ‘Sharpy’ before setting off this morning was to fill a minor void with epoxy putty where the bottom panel joins her transom.


By way of interest for anyone who may be contemplating building a Derek Munnion ‘Sharpy’ I’ve uploaded a second photo showing additional chandlery that I recently purchased from Botacs at Westcliffe-on-Sea. In theory, I now have all the chandlery items I shall need to complete the boat.


My article, Part 60* of Building Sharpy, included a photo of the first batch of items. This second lot cost a staggering £88.00 exactly!


*Building ‘Sharpy’ Part 60
http://bills-log.blogspot.com/2011/04/building-sharpy-part-60.html

No comments: