Friday, March 18, 2011

Things Today

Grandchildren

The weather was pretty ropey this morning, and rain continued to fall throughout the afternoon. I was not at all inspired to work on the boat, but I was able to confirm with the sailmaker that he was on track with sewing the lateen sail for ‘Sharpy’. He hadn’t started cutting it, but he had the spinnaker cloth ready for him to commence making the sail.


I also found the phone number of a metalworker who may be able manufacture the stainless steel parts required for the keel and its hoist mechanism. I left a message on his answer phone, and I’m waiting for him to get in touch.


I don’t cross my fingers when I want something to happen; instead I hope that it will turn out OK, and if the situation is serious enough to warrant prayer, then I’ll pray. Having parts manufactured for my boat is not that high on my list of priorities, hopes or necessities, sufficient for entering into prayer with a request for God to sort things out. My prayer today is for help when my three young grandchildren stay with me and my wife over the weekend, as from this afternoon!


Looking after three four year old boys who are thoroughly inquisitive, bounding with energy, requiring action both indoors and out, will fully occupy me and my wife until late Sunday evening when responsibility for them will be passed back to their mother and father.


I hope there won’t be any tears, tantrums or testing times. I shan’t be crossing my fingers, but I may be shooting a few arrow prayers to the all-knowing God. I am reminded of a verse from the Bible on the theme of answered prayer.


Here are the words:

‘For His anger is but for a moment,
His favour is for life;
Weeping may endure for a night,
But joy comes in the morning.’
(Psalm 30:5)

No comments: