Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday, 21st June

Dutch Style Buildings by the Cathedral
This may be the Old Courthouse.
The Cathedral


My first objective has been achieved, i.e., to reach Exmouth and Starcross. If I can work the boat further to the SW, that will be a bonus. This morning there is hardly any wind and the sun is making it scorching hot. For the first time during the cruise I have had to remove my shirt to remain cool. There is very little I need in way off provisions, but I took the dinghy ashore this morning so that I could do a little shopping for food at the Starcross Spar. I also had an interesting episode while fetching drinking water from the Starcross Fishing and Cruising Club’s slipway. Initially, I drew the dinghy up on the mud, but when I stepped into it my boots nearly disappeared in the ooze; with difficulty I managed to drag the dinghy to a sort of pebbly slip.


My aim today is to do what comes naturally; have a snooze, admire the scenery, watch the comings and goings of boats, and work out what next to do. The summer has come, and I’m really enjoying the holiday. I have no worries, no anxieties and I have time to relax, read, listen to the radio, or play with the computer. In modern jargon, I’m chilling out.


I’ll leave you with a few more photos I took when I was at Exeter yesterday.

No comments: