Friday, April 23, 2010

‘Barangoola’ Launched

'Barangoola' being made ready for launching
'Barangoola' ready to be taken to her mooring at Burnham-on-Crouch

If you read my Blog* about the Hunter 19 ‘Barangoola’ you will note that I was concerned that her cockpit hadn’t been bailed out. I was fearful that rainwater would accumulate and overflow into her cabin, but I was relieved to recently discover that this special little boat which had been won at this year’s London Boat Show, was being cared for by her new owner.


Both ‘Ladybird’ and ‘Barangoola’ were launched the same day; therefore I had the pleasure of meeting the boat’s new captain. He is a very experienced sea canoeist who understands the sea, the tides, and the effect of winds upon the water, which knowledge is essential for the coastal sailor. There will be a learning curve as he is taught to sail the boat with his sons.


I hope that we may meet again, so that I can hear how they get on. I’ll be interested to find out if they want to day sail the boat, race her or perhaps take her on short cruises. The new skipper told me he will be having a boom tent made to prevent rainwater from entering the cockpit, and it could be used to extend the living accommodation.


Links

http://bills-log.blogspot.com/2010/04/barangoola-hunter-19.html

No comments: